Thursday, September 2, 2010

36 Week Survey!



Here is a little sneak peak of the nursery! Still a lot to do in there, but it is coming along. Nothing else is in there yet except for the furniture, as I am STILL sorting through things. I love it so far though!!

How far along? 36 Weeks! We are moving right along.
Total weight gain/loss: +2.5 lbs. in the past two weeks. 36.5 lbs. total. At my appt. yesterday the nurse told me that I had lost weight since the previous week. I think she is crazy, haha.
How big is baby? About 6 lbs, and over 18 inches long. And I am feeling the extra weight too...
Maternity clothes? Yes please.
Sleep: Well, I pretty much wake up consistently now every 2-3 hours. Every time I get out of bed I have a BH. I cannot believe how hard it has become to get in and out of bed. I can't wait to sleep on my stomach again!
Best moment this week: Getting all of the furniture put together and the bedding on the crib, I love it! Also Megan's shower on Saturday which I want to do another post about!
Movement: He is a crazy baby and I am convinced he is trying to escape.
Food cravings: Not really craving anything. Mostly after I eat it feels like it can't go down and is going to come back up. Fun fun!
Gender: Sweet, baby boy.
Labor Signs: Braxton hicks when I get out of bed at night!
Belly Button in or out? It's out now. And people can see it through my shirt which makes for extra comments.
Stretchmarks? Only one little one that developed from a previous scar. Oh well, still no other ones so woo hoo!! I am still using Organic Palmer's Cocoa Butter cream in the morning and this "Beautiful Belly Balm" at night that I got at our local health food store. I honestly think that using a little something to keep it moisturized mixed with staying super hydrated helps.
How are you feeling? Better about getting stuff done. He could come and we would be fine. Entirely and completely sore though, it's hard to walk. I feel like I am limping. My chiro. has me putting an ice pack on my lower back/right hip area, he says it's all inflamed and I totally feel it. :(
What I am looking forward to: 3 day weekend for Labor Day coming up! The weather is supposed to be cooler which will be awesome. I would like to turn off our central air now and just be able to have the doors and windows open again! We should be getting a lot more done with the house as well.
What I miss: Not being able to sleep on my back and stomach, and my hands feeling normal. My feet not being swollen, and my back and hips not hurting.
Weekly Wisdom:
Well this week I'd have to say that if you wake up to use the restroom, don't lay there for too long, otherwise you start to lose it by the time you are trying to get down the stairs...no fun, haha.
Milestones: We are finished with our classes with our Doula, Andrea. I feel pretty prepared I guess. There is no stopping what is going to happen so no point in being stressed about it! I just pray for a safe delivery and a healthy baby boy. I can't believe he could come any time now. This pregnancy just flew by!

Overall I have been very happy with my "pregnant body."


Niles in the bathroom giving me "that look" while I was taking my picture. Please give me some attention Mom!!!


Siggy peaking through some of the baby stuff! He is hilarious.




How your baby's growing:

Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position. But if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying she'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.

8 comments:

Rachel and John said...

oh I love the crib bumpers! That baby is going to be a lucky guy.

Anne said...

Thanks!!! modernnursery.com :)

Julie S. said...

I love the look of your nursery! Can't believe how fast this has gone!

Rach said...

You look great as usual! I love the pictures of your dogs, they are SO cute! The nursery is coming along, it's adorable!

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

I love the bedding!! Sooo cute! You still look fabulous. Are you going to put his name on here once he's born?

Michael Owen said...

"Never do things others can do and will do if there are things others cannot do or will not do." ~ Amelia Earhart ~ http://mycarvingtree.com/AmeliaEarhart.aspx

Samual said...

Hey you have a grat nursey for your child.Locating hip and trendy baby girl clothes , fashionable stuff for baby nurseries and unique gifts for babies and new moms has never been this easy or in many cases as cheap.

The Buchingers said...

Looking good Anne and I'm loving the nursery. I'm dying to see an update of things! Love you!