Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Lesson in Patience.

So I am officially overdue today.

When I got up this morning I had this awesome comment in my blog from my amazing Doula, Andrea (she is also a massage therapist.) It was just what I needed to hear today! So here is what she wrote:

Let me know if you need a massage Saturday afternoon - one o'clock is open ;) A lot of moms go into labor once they finally get mad and let go of deadlines and timetables. At this stage of the game we give it to God and take it back for awhile. Back and forth. It's almost torture. Once you surrender, you're there. God's lesson in parenting. Complete surrender to Him so that you can experience his love and comfort and compassion and be so grateful when this baby comes, giving glory to the proper place. You can do all things through Him who strengthens you, Anne!

It sort of made me want to cry, because she is right! I am trying to just control this whole situation. Really what it comes down to is that I am just anxious and want to meet our baby, but I have no control, God has a plan, and he will come when he is supposed to come.

So anyways....that is that!

And the wait continues.

Just a little more patiently now, that is all. :)

8 comments:

Sarah said...

What amazing advise! I have been trying to do the same thing. God has seen these babies born and it wont happen a minute before or after he has planned! Enjoy your massage! :)

Julie S. said...

What great advice! Hang in there!

Cindy said...

In a couple weeks, you will completely forget what "the wait" is like and you will be SO IN LOVE with your little boy!!! I went into labor on my own 6 days after my due date, and he was born one week late, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Just wait - the best day of your life is only a few days away!!!!

Jaclyn said...

Good luck! :)

DomestiKatie. said...

You've got this! Obviously you've done such a good job cooking him that he's nice and cozy and is just soaking it in a bit more before he comes out to say hi!
(But I don't blame you for being excited...I'M EXCITED TOOO!! <3)

Sarah said...

Anything yet? I was thinking about you this weekend! Hopefully your little man made his appearance....cant wait to know!!

Unknown said...

That is perfect advise!!

Mrs.Joe said...

I've been waiting patiently for news . . . do you have an outside baby yet? Thinking of you!