Thursday, September 16, 2010

38 Week Survey

This is a weee bit late!! Oopsy!



How far along? 38 Weeks! I cannot believe this baby could make an entrance at any moment now. I am so excited/nervous!
Total weight gain/loss: +1.5 lbs. this weeks. 38.5 lbs. total.
How big is baby? Supposed to be around 6.8lbs, and about 19.5 inches long.
Maternity clothes? Yes please.
Sleep: Decent, but waking up every couple hours to use the bathroom and reposition. Same ol same ol.
Best moment this week: We had a REALLY great weekend. Chris had the weekend off, so that was nice. Friday night we went and saw Inception with a gift card from his birthday. Saturday morning I cleaned up the house a little and he worked on a paper for school while I went shopping and returned stuff, and went to see Eclipse. All by myself. It was kinda nice actually. That afternoon I think we both feel asleep at some point and took naps, then had dinner a little later (thank you Entertainment book coupon) and went grocery shopping. Sunday we had to miss church, but we got our Maternity photos taken. Afterward we went to a local orchard called Robinettes. They have wine tasting there, and you can take hay rides, pick apples, get fresh cider and donuts, it is awesome. I love it there! We bought a bag of apples and had some pumpkin spice donuts and fresh cider. I have been craving more ever since! That afternoon I intended on cleaning more but at that point my feet and cankles were huge and killing me. I ended up taking a nap, Chris took the dogs to the park for a while and later on our small group came over to hang out. It was such a fun weekend, but it flew by as always!
Movement: Slowing down a little I think. I swear he likes to punch me in the bladder. It hurts.
Food cravings: Juice, more pumpkin spice donuts and cider. :)
Gender: Sweet, baby boy.
Labor Signs: Just Braxton Hicks. I hope to be feeling something more very soon!
Belly Button in or out? Outtie now
Stretchmarks? Still just the one above my belly button. Except the other morning when I was doing my hair I accidentally burnt my belly with my curling iron and I am afraid that the scar from that might turn into one. Who knows.
How are you feeling? I am feeling really good this week actually! We have gotten a lot done and my back hasn't been hurting me too much (which makes me think maybe he has moved down a little?) I am tired here and there but I think that is a given at this point. I hope I get this huge "burst of energy" soon that everyone keeps telling me about and then I can have the babe. :)
What I am looking forward to: Getting the house cleaned some more, and having the baby! Also, getting the final coupon for Babies R Us in the mail. There are a few more things we need to purchase and I would like to get that done asap, but want to wait for the coupon. I wish it would come in the mail already! Every day I have been eagerly checking for it, haha.
What I miss: The usual. Sleeping on my back and stomach, and not being all swollen.
Weekly Wisdom:
Stay hydrated!!
Milestones: Got maternity pics done. Rug is in the nursery, and the blinds and curtains are up. We just need some wall art in there and we will be good to go.



You can see my curling iron burn in this one...my left, your right, right about my belly button like an inch or two. Hopefully it doesn't leave a scar!


How your baby's growing:

Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

5 comments:

Mrs.Joe said...

You look so good! You must be so excited. I can't wait to hear that he's arrived!

In With the Light said...

You look great!! And wow, Ann, only a few more days!! So exciting!

Anonymous said...

You look awesome! I think you've dropped a little bit, too.

Your poor belly burn! Hopefully it fades away.

Rachel and John said...

Still looking amazing!
I can't believe your sweet baby will be here any second now!

The Buchingers said...

Looking good and it does look like you have dropped from the previous week...woo hoo! Come on baby!