Thursday, September 9, 2010

37 Weeks!



How far along? 37 Weeks! Time is flying by.
Total weight gain/loss: +0.5 lbs. this weeks. 37 lbs. total.
How big is baby? Supposed to be a little over 6 lbs, and about 19 inches long.
Maternity clothes? Yes please.
Sleep: The last couple nights I have only been waking up once during the night. It is SO hard to roll over and/or get out of bed, I cannot believe it.
Best moment this week: Pretty much getting the nursery all put together.
Movement: Slowing down a little I think. I swear he likes to punch me in the bladder. It hurts.
Food cravings: Just depends I guess but nothing in particular. Every time I eat now I usually do not feel good afterward.
Gender: Sweet, baby boy.
Labor Signs: Just Braxton Hicks.
Belly Button in or out? Outtie now
Stretchmarks? Only one little one that developed from a previous scar. Oh well, still no other ones so woo hoo!! I am still using Organic Palmer's Cocoa Butter cream in the morning and this "Beautiful Belly Balm" at night that I got at our local health food store. I honestly think that using a little something to keep it moisturized mixed with staying super hydrated helps.
How are you feeling? Hormonal and emotional. If I start to cry I am screwed because then I cannot stop! It's hard if I am at work, because I cannot escape my desk. For the most part I am not too tired, which has been nice, but my back is still killing me. I would like to get past this weekend and then he can come any time!!!!
What I am looking forward to: Getting some more stuff done this weekend and hopefully finishing up cleaning the house. Maybe seeing a movie or two since we have some gift cards. I would like to go and pick apples at an orchard here on Saturday but it is supposed to rain.
What I miss: Not being able to sleep on my back and stomach, and my hands feeling normal. My feet not being swollen, and my back and hips not hurting. Not pretty much having an accident every time I am running to the bathroom, lol.
Weekly Wisdom:
Stay hydrated!!
Milestones: I am officially considered Full Term! The nursery is pretty much ready, which feels great! I will have to post some pictures soon. We are just waiting on the blinds and rug to come in the mail, and there are just a couple other few items I need to purchase yet.

Ohhh!! I do not know how I almost forgot about this. I had an appt. yesterday and got the results from my Group Strep B test back and it was NEGATIVE!! Praise the Lord!! I was very very very happy about this. I do not want to by hooked up to an IV if I do not have to be. I feel very adamant about this....I just want to be as mobile as possible and love the thought that I don't have to have that in my hand. We will see what happens though!





How your baby's growing:

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

5 comments:

ColoradoBelle said...

Happy full term:) Your little man will be here so soon. Enjoy your last few weeks as two.

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

I can't believe how soon you are going to meet your little guy! You still look awesome btw!

The Buchingers said...

Looking good Anne. Do feel like you are dropping at all? I can't quite tell yet. Love what you are doing with the nursery....I was dying to see the update!

Care said...

happy full term!! You look adorable.


PS: I linked to you on my blog :)

Nlvaden said...

I have been slacking with reading your blog, but I have to say that you are one of the most beautiful pregnant women I have ever seen. Can't wait to "meet" your baby boy!! I would totally drive to the hospital to see you after you had him, but that might be a bit weird. First time meeting someone is right after you had a baby...hmmmm.