Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Are we there yet???

Ok, so I am 40 weeks tomorrow.
Honestly, I did not think I would make it this far. EVERYONE ...seriously, everyone, kept telling me that they thought I would "go early." This really really annoyed me, because I really really did NOT want to have him any earlier than like 38 weeks. I want him to be as healthy as possibly, ya know? But after a while, that got in my head, and I started to believe it. So once I passed 38 weeks...and then got to 39...and now I am approaching 40...I'm like whoa whoa....what is going on here??
So only like 50% of women have their babies before their due date and the rest go over, so I should have expected this.
But let me tell you what, I am ready now!! Everyone else around me, friends, family, etc. have all had their babies and I am soooooo excited for them. It makes me even more excited to meet our son. I can't wait to hold him, and see what he looks like, and take in that "baby scent." Despite the fact that we STILL have not decided on a name...I hope he comes soon!
Come out Baby O, Mommy and Daddy want to meet you!!!
I have another appt. tonight at 5, so I am hoping that I have progressed a little since last week.
Saturday I started having some contractions randomly but nothing too time-able yet. I am thinking that maybe my doctor might strip my membranes? I do not know. It doesn't seem to be that huge of a risk to get that done and it might help move some things along. I just feel like the baby hasn't really dropped too much yet. Last night I bounced and did some other stuff on the exercise ball for like almost two hours.
I have also been taking Evening Primrose Oil supplements and drinking Red Raspberry Leaf too. Not to mention the most obvious of obvious things we could be doing. What will get you in the situation will get you out right?!! :)
Anyways.....I am hoping something gets started up here soon! It would be cool to have him right on my due date. Hopefully labor will start up tonight!!!!! Come on Baby!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Almost there! I hope your appointment goes well - progress, I mean:)Rest. Rest. Rest...after the appt. Prayers for you three!

Shelli said...

I'm sending labor thoughts your way!!! I hope he comes soon. I just had my 36 week appointment and like you I cannot wait to take in the baby scent!

MrsBro... said...

My fingers are crossed that adorable babe makes his appearance ASAP! We need to meet him!!!

DomestiKatie. said...

Hurry hurry, little guy! We're so excited to meet you! <3

Anonymous said...

Just think that it can't be too much longer- it's getting close! I'll think dilating thoughts for you!

Sarah said...

Hoping he comes tonight! Everyone was telling me the SAME things...that I would never make my due date. Even my Dr. said that last week, but still nothing!! Let us know if you have made more progress! :)

In With the Light said...

Come out come out where ever you are! Baby O, I wanna meet you!

Anne, I know better than anyone that there is truly NOTHING that will put you into labor other than your body just being ready so keep bouncing and hey, why don't you take a jog down the street (I did!). Or, better yet, get into a fight with someone, as that was the thing that put me into labor!

Tiffany said...

Wow, so close! Hopefully he will bless the world with his appearance very soon!

Mrs.Joe said...

Hope he comes soon! I can't believe it's been 40 weeks - where has the time gone? Praying that he comes soon and it all goes smoothly!