Wednesday, September 29, 2010

40 Week Survey

How far along? 40 Weeks. Holy. Moly.
Total weight gain/loss: +0.5 lbs. this weeks. 41 lbs. total.
How big is baby? According to Baby Center, 7.5 lbs. and 20 in. long. My doctor guess 7 3/4 lbs. last night.
Maternity clothes? Yes please.
Sleep: Pretty good, just wake up to use the bathroom and whatnot.
Best moment this week: Well, I guess I am still hoping that that will still happen. But nothing exciting has happened this week yet unfortunately!
Movement: Yeah actually, and I do not think he is slowing down. His movements are really hurting me lately. Especially when he is punching me in the bladder repeatedly. Time to come out little man!!!
Food cravings: Water, juice, apples
Gender: Little man
Labor Signs: **Ok, this is from last week**: According to my OB from my appt. on Monday, I am 2 cm. dilated, 70% effaced and ever since then I am pretty sure I have slowly but surely been losing my mucus plug.

**Now for this week**
So I go in last night and when she checks me she goes Uhhh I'm going to say about 1.5 cm. and 40.....and then she was like Wait, what did I tell you last week? And glances down at my chart.... Oh, 2 and 70...ummm...ok, well there isn't any further progress. Sorry, I know that is not what you wanted to hear!! Uhhh....you think?

Ummm ok?? So which is it? I doubt my cervix "un-effaced" lol. Seriously though, they check you SO fast....so I think maybe last week she was just guessing? Who knows. But I was honestly expecting to be more dilated at least, so this was a huge disappointment to me. Nothing I can do about it though, so oh well.
OH and not to mention that afterward, I felt nothing. No cramping, no discharge, nothing. Last week I thought maybe she had put me into labor!! Anyways, I guess that just surprised me a little. Obviously my body just is not ready yet.
Belly Button in or out? Definitely an outtie
Stretchmarks? Yep, I keep getting more of them. And they are all in the same spot, right around my belly button where his butt always sticks out. Go figure.
How are you feeling? I am feeling Ok. Ready to have this baby, that is for sure but trying to be content about the situation. My feet, ankles and lower shins are really swollen. I cannot believe how much water I am retaining.
What I am looking forward to: Going into labor. For realz.
What I miss: The usual. Sleeping on my back and stomach, and not being all swollen.
Weekly Wisdom:
Don't get any sort of "date" in your head about when you "think" you will have the baby, and don't listen to people when everyone tells you they think you are going to have the baby early...haha.
Milestones: Reaching complete full term. I still cannot believe it!!

My doctor also made me schedule an appt. for next week. It is on Wednesday morning at 9:30. They will want to do an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid and then do the NST test to make sure the babe isn't stressing out. I am seriously praying that something happens before then so I can cancel that appointment. I would hate for something to be up, and then have them try to force me to go in to be induced. :( She also pretty much told me that once I hit 42 weeks they will want to induce me as well.
Please Lord let me have this baby soon!!!

*I will post pictures later. Hopefully I have dropped a little bit more?

How your baby's growing:

It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I cant believe how similar we are! I went today and there was NO change from last week either! And I also was all crampy and spotted after being checked last week and feel fine today! Hopefully by this weekend you will be done! :)

In With the Light said...

You can do it Anne! You're father along than I was when I was 40 weeks pregnant

Unknown said...

Let me know if you need a massage Saturday afternoon - one o'clock is open;)Alot of moms go into labor once they finally get mad and let go of deadlines and timetables. At this stage of the game we give it to God and take it back for awhile. Back and forth. It's almost torture. Once you surrender, you're there. God's lesson in parenting. Complete surrender to Him so that you can experience his love and comfort and compassion and be so grateful when this baby comes, giving glory to the proper place. You can do all things through Him who strengthens you, Anne!