Thursday, April 15, 2010

16 Week Survey

How far along? 16 Weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: 0 lbs. this week. wooo hoo. Up 11 lbs. total
Maternity clothes? Yep, but not all of them, and I LOVE them for the most part. Also loving any sort of flowly dress/sundress.
Sleep: Sleeping good, but waking up a lot to reposition. I am going to follow the advice of others and most likely break out the body pillow soon.
Best moment this week: Spending tons of time with Chris this weekend, the awesome weather, hanging out with friends almost every day and making it to 16 weeks!! Also I started doing hair again this week, which I totally took a hiatus from the past couple months. I chose not to color hair for a while, and now I feel that I am far enough along to get back at it. I missed it, and have been doing someone's almost every day!
Movement: I think I have felt some flutters here and there, but sometimes I think it is gas, lol. It is much easier to feel when I am laying down too. Hoping to feel more soon!!
Food cravings: Salt and vinegar potato chips, lemonade, oranges
Gender: Thinking girl again!!
Labor Signs: nope
Belly Button in or out? Innie still
Stretchmarks? I think I am starting to notice some really light ones on the girls up top....
What I am looking forward to: Feeling movement. I cannot wait for that first time when I am like OK, that was totally the babe! Also, I am getting my hair done on Tuesday finally....I am super excited, it needs it so badly!! Oh AND seeing this growth spurt that is supposed to happen over the next 3-4 weeks....can't wait to see how much bigger I get!
What I miss: Nada
Weekly Wisdom: Stay positive. I truly believe that the babe can feel negative energy, feelings, moods etc.
Milestones: Making it to the point of being able to feel movement, and if we wanted to know sooner, we could now find out the bebe's gender. Only 5 more weeks!! Also, I cannot get over the fact that the babe is pumping up to 25 quarts of blood per day! Way to go little one!





How your baby's growing:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

6 comments:

Rachel and John said...

You look great! I love that dress. Where did you get it?

Anne said...

Thanks Rachel!! It is from Old Navy, it is the strapless sundress with the ruffles. I have it in green and coral, I love it! It is not maternity, so I just bought it in a size Large instead of Med. which is what I normally wear. Also, in regards to the comment about my acne...I have just learned to hide it very well with makeup over the years. Unfortunately I also have a ton of scarring, and most of the larger lumps happen to pop up in the same spots which just continue to make it worse. Maybe sometime I will be brave enough to take a picture of my face with no makeup on....yikes!

Lauren said...

You look fantastic as always! And I love your weekly wisdom. I truly believe that too, even though it's easier said than done :)

Kristin said...

You TOTALLY have a baby bump now! And just wait, what you think is gas might be the slightest of all baby movement! You'll know for sure in just a few more weeks!

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

You look sooo adorable! Love the dress.

The Buchingers said...

Great picture Anne! You are getting bigger and bigger I love it!!!!

Your little squirt is the size of an onion! Woah...that's awesome! I love that you have the food chart comparison...it really puts things into perspective!

Meijer has some nice flowing dresses that are super cute...you should check them out or we could do that on Saturday!

You thought hearing the heart beat was cool, seeing the baby by ultrasound was better, but feeling movement is by far the best! You will love it! I first felt Nataleigh give me a swift kick in the gut at 17 weeks so look out! It's just around the corner!