Tuesday, August 24, 2010

35/35!!!!!!!!

How far along? 35 Weeks! Holy smokes. It freaks me out to think that next week I am going to be 36 weeks, which in my mind, he could then come at any point. PLEASE baby stay in there for at least two more weeks!!!
Total weight gain/loss: +1.5 lbs. in the past two weeks. 34 lbs. total
How big is baby? About 5 1/4 lbs, and over 18 inches long. Wowza
Maternity clothes? Yes please.
Sleep: Well, I pretty much wake up consistently now every 2-3 hours. Every time I get out of bed I have a BH. Not to mention he is instantly active. Hmm....starting a pattern already? Also, every time I wake up if I am still on my side that particular hip is killing me. When I wake up on my back, my lower back will ache a little. It is hard to get out of bed. I am officially pretty sore!
Best moment this week: So far, there have been a lot of great moments. First, my shower this past weekend, and finishing the windows in the nursery. I cannot wait to start getting everything put in there, and I refuse to start until the painting is COMPLETELY finished and the floors are cleaned. Anal, I know. I cannot help it, I want everything done properly. I will admit, I have been a little psycho about it. Also, my massage on Saturday was amazing, and then I have got to go to Yoga 2 out of the past 3 days which makes me feel amazing. I wish I could go like every other day.
*update since I started this the other day: Nursery is now complete and ready to put stuff in it. I am so happy I could cry.
Movement: All over the place!
Food cravings: Juice, fruit, pasta. I cannot eat a lot anymore otherwise I just feel like it's going to come back up. Getting heartburn A LOT.
Gender: Sweet, baby boy.
Labor Signs: Braxton hicks when I get out of bed at night!
Belly Button in or out? I think that it is starting to bulge out a little now....
Stretchmarks? Ok, so I found one on my stomach this week. But here is the thing, I totally did it to myself. When I was like 12 I tried to pierce my own belly button. The scar was barely ever noticeable until my belly got huge, and now where the scar was a tiny stretch mark has developed beneath it. Oh well, still no other ones so woo hoo!! I am still using Organic Palmer's Cocoa Butter cream in the morning and this "Beautiful Belly Balm" at night that I got at our local health food store. I honestly think that using a little something to keep it moisturized mixed with staying super hydrated helps.
How are you feeling? A little anxious. I want our nursery to be put together asap. And sore, it's hard to get up after sitting for like 10 minutes. My hips and lower back pretty much kill 24/7 now.
What I am looking forward to: Our labor and delivery tour tonight. Which will be totally boring for Chris since he sees it all the time and knows the hospital like the back of his hand. Also, Megan's shower on Saturday, and then getting stuff done this weekend. We are going to majorly kick it into high gear. Asap.
What I miss: Not being able to sleep on my back and stomach, and my hand feeling normal. My feet have not been too swollen which has been super nice. <----I take that back, they are getting more swollen again last night and today, bummer!
Weekly Wisdom: Drink tons of water!
Milestones: Well, on Sunday I totally accidentally squeezed some colostrum out of my boobs. Oops. Totally freaked me out, but I am super happy to know that they are doing what they are supposed to be! (I know, how was that an accident.....well I guess I just wanted to see if anything would happen, I am weird. Lol.) Nursing class is done with, Labor and delivery tour scheduled. Nursery is ready for everything to be put into it, woo hoo!! And all of my showers are done.





How your baby's growing:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

1 comment:

Rachel and John said...

How Exciting! I Cna't wait to see his room all finished! And I think that's super funny about your boob...I would totally also do something like that so no worries!