Thursday, November 1, 2012

24 Week Survey-Baby O #2


How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Down 1 lbs. this week.  155 lbs-- 14 lbs. total.  At this point with Graydon I had already gained 23 lbs. Craziness!
How big is baby?  Just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. - Baby Center
Maternity clothes?  Yes, but still wearing some regular shirts as well. My favorite outfits are more fitting, or if I am wearing sweaters I wear a belt above my belly. And boots of course...and a scarf! :)
Sleep: Awesome! I haven't had to get up to use the bathroom in a couple weeks.  I seem to wake up and be on my back a lot, but I'm able to fall right back asleep. Using a wedge and pillow between my knees to stay comfortable and it works well.
Best moment this week: Oh this is SO easy, hands down. Friday my good friend/coworker Nancy and I went to the Outlet Mall in Michigan City all day on Friday. We had such a good time. I got some really cute stuff for the baby along with some stuff that I really needed for Graydon as well. Some of my favorites are the winter boots and pants that I got for Graydon, along with the little outfits, little gray boots and black dress shoes that I got for Baby Girl.  Also got my hair touched up on Wednesday and a cut...looks so much better now!
Movement: Yep. She is kicking me like crazy.
Food cravings: Chocolate, spicy foods like buffalo wings, orange juice, coffee, fruit.
Food aversions:  Some meats and vegetables.
Gender: Precious baby girl!
Labor Signs: Nada
Symptoms:  Being tired on and off and sore breasts.
Belly Button in or out? It is getting flatter!
Wedding rings on or off?  Still on and for a long time hopefully. :)
Stretchmarks? The ones around my belly button are starting to become more noticeable. 
How are you feeling? Pretty good! Tired sometimes, especially by bedtime, but I have a great amount of energy now which I LOVE. Gotta love 2nd tri. :)
 What I am looking forward to: My work Halloween Party, Chili cook off at work, Halloween and Trick or Treating with Graydon, and my friend Dave's wedding this weekend!
What I miss:  Having normal energy all the time and working out. Raw sushi.
Weekly Wisdom:
Drink lots of water!
Milestones:  Viability week, woooot!
Pregnancy Moments with Chris and others:  Chris made a comment the other night about my belly button getting more shallow.  I had someone tell me that they think I am losing weight everywhere else and that it is all going to my belly (totally not true, LOL, but thanks I think?)  Comments about how cute I like or how I am a fashionable pregnant girl (once again, thanks.....good thing they don't see me at home, hahaha.)

Graydon wanted to get in the picture with me!


1 comment:

In With the Light said...

You look so good! And I just ordered some boots and leggings--hoping these are my staples for the fall/winter season!