Thursday, November 15, 2012

26 Week Survey- Baby O #2

How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:+2,  up to 158 lbs.  17 lbs. total.  Had gained 24.5 lbs. total with Graydon at 26 wks along.
How big is baby?  The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.- Baby Center
Maternity clothes?  Yes, mostly. Except for my pajama pants or shorts, or sweatershirts...or sweaters I wear over almost everything.
Sleep: Pretty good! Still have not really had to get up in the night to use the bathroom (woo hoo!)  I seem to wake up and be on my back a lot, but I'm able to fall right back asleep. Using a wedge and pillow between my knees to stay comfortable and it works well. I am SO tired every day though it seems...especially  just sitting at my desk at work!
Best moment this week: Finding out that Chris got the new job we have been praying for!!!  Feeling sooo blessed.  We also got a lot of stuff done around our house. I also got to do some shopping by myself while Chris was home this weekend, and also created a small registry with a couple of girly things on it.
Movement: Yes, a lot!
Food cravings: Coffee, juice, chocolate, fruit, hearty food.
Food aversions:  Some meats and vegetables.
Gender: Baby girl!
Labor Signs: Nada
Symptoms:  Being tired on and off and sore breasts.
Belly Button in or out? It is pretty flat now.
Wedding rings on or off?  Still on and for a long time hopefully. :)
Stretchmarks? Just around my belly button. I have been good about using lotions and belly balm almost every day.
How are you feeling? Pretty good but seem to be tired all the time. Wish I felt more rested!
 What I am looking forward to: Getting the new bedding in the mail that I ordered (a 4 piece set for $80!!! Such a great deal!)  Yule Run on Friday evening, Santa Parade with Chris and Graydon and friends Saturday morning, an afternoon spent with more friend and family for our first (early) Thanksgiving celebration ( I can't wait!!!) and Sunday we are getting family/maternity/Gray's 2 year pics taken. I hope the weather cooperates and I'm sure they will turn out amazing!
What I miss:  Having normal energy all the time and working out. Raw sushi. Wanting or liking alcoholic beverages once in a while. I guess it's good that I do not crave them though while being pregnant, so I am thankful for that!!
Weekly Wisdom:
Don't eat too many donuts..hahaha.
Milestones:  26 weeks and I am feeling a lot bigger this week. It really seems like my little sweet bun in the oven had a bit of a growth spurt over the last two weeks. I am getting more uncomfortable and it is harder to lean forward etc!
Pregnancy Moments with Chris and others: Just people noticing that I seemed to have really "popped" and gotten bigger over the weekend!


No comments: