Sunday, July 8, 2012

Our little secret =)

We have a secret! :-)

On Wednesday, June 13th we discovered that we are once again expecting!
Needless to say it was a bit of a shock and Chris and I were both in denial about it for a good week or two. Talk about being overcome with emotions though! It just wasn't part of our "plan" right now, but that is OK. We are both happy because we had such a hard time getting pregnant with Graydon...this is definitely a welcome surprise. 
As of right now, we are not planning on me going back to work, so that is definitely the biggest stress for us. We just want to make things work out financially. 
The first week or two I felt so many things....denial, excitement, shock, selfishness, guilt, disbelief, blessings....  I had just gotten down to a weight a couple pounds lighter than when I got pregnant with Graydon. Chris and I had so many plans for this Fall. But oh well, I could care less about any of that now...I am just excited. Plans changed quick that is for sure. We are already getting prepared in full swing....we have someone who is putting new windows in our office, which we will turn into Graydon's "big boy" room over the next couple of months. I have been looking for furniture for him and thinking about how I want to decorate his room. It has been fun! At this point I am just getting antsy to have an ultrasound though and see a heartbeat and make sure everything is OK.  I know of a couple people who have had miscarriages recently so naturally that makes me nervous. Mostly all of our close friends and family know, but we will not announce it on FB for a while yet.

Anyways, I have been updating my blog but not posting it yet, so I will be doing that over the next couple of days, getting things caught up. I will be 8 weeks this Friday, and I am due February 22nd, 2013.  Graydon and the new baby with be roughly 2.5 years apart, which I think is a pretty good amount of time between the two of them.

<3
Yay!

6 comments:

Rachel and John said...

NO WAY! YAY YAY YAY! Now we are pregnant together!!

Just A Simple Girl said...

Congrats!

Megan J said...

Congrats!! I am so glad I am a follower of your blog! I get all the goods before the FB users! LOL
So excited for you guys!

Hay Hay said...

SO AWESOME!! Congrats, Momma!! We are jumping on the TTC #2 train, so maybe we'll be joining you soon ;)

Ang said...

Congratulations!! What a shock :) So happy for you all. Two makes life a little crazier...but a lot better.

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

I am so late reading this, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you!