Monday, April 13, 2009

Here we go again.

Today is officially Day #1, of Cycle #5.
Wowza.
Never thought I'd be typing that, that is for sure.
But, it's Ok. The more time I have had to think about it, the more OK I am with it.

We have a lot that we wanted to accomplish this year and so far it's going great. In a couple weeks we will be completely out of debt except for our mortgage and school loans (which I think is OK debt to have.) Our upstairs will be completed by the end of summer. Chris will be done with school in January (except for his Masters, but this is still a huge step in our future). This gives us more time to perhaps do some other things with our money, like maybe get our mattress the beautiful bed I've been wanting for a couple years now, accompanied by a dresser. I am tired of having our mattresses on the floor and my closet just isn't holding everything anymore. Plus a bedroom set will look fab in our new upstairs master bedroom when it's finished, we are so excited! Also hoping to get Central Air put in by next summer. We can suffer through one more summer without it.

So on to other big news, and things we can definitely celebrate. I've been wanting to write about this for a while but was waiting until I had the OK to mention everyone. Besides the fact that I am not getting pregnant, this is totally the year for babies in my family! At least I will get to enjoy everyone else's little ones at Christmas this year. =) There are four people in our immediate family alone... :

-Chris's sister Shauna is due with a little girl on August 6th. They are EXTREMELY happy as this will be their last baby....and they already have 3 boys.

-My sister-in-law Emileigh (adopted brother Nate's wife) is having a little girl and they are due August 8th. This is also their one year wedding anniversary.

-My little brother Joe's fiance Tiffany is due August 25th. They are having a boy, Aidan.

That is three people in August alone!!!

-Then there is my sister Megan. She is due October 9th, and they do not know what they are having yet (obviously because they are not far enough along).

-Also two of Chris's cousins girlfriends/wives are pregnant. Along with various other friends/acquaintances etc.

Needless to say I have a lot of showers to attend over the next couple of months! It is very exciting!

3 comments:

Nlvaden said...

Well, cycle day 1 is like a fresh start. It seems you are doing OK with it. I understand. I remember cycle 5 as well. It will happen, there are plenty of people with nothing wrong with them that got pg on cycle 12. Keep your chin up!

Chatham said...

Holy Banana's, that's alot of pregnant ladies! You better take cover, lol!

I also wanted to say thank you for your note. I really helped me to know, first hand, what most people do in situations like this. I am having dinner with my father tonight and we will no doubt discuss this! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Anne said...

I know, it is seriously crazy!! Babies are taking over my family, haha. I love it though.

And your welcome, if you have any other questions let me know. Also, don't let some company screw you over. Big companies have a lot of overheard therefore jack their prices way up. You are better off going with a local, family-owned company who can beat anyone's prices. Definitely take the time to shop around, plus it makes it better when you have people working with you who actually care about your situation. Good luck discussing with your Father...those talks are never easy, but deep down he will know that you just love him and care.