Thursday, October 18, 2012

22 Weeks-Baby Ostie #2

How far along? 22 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 3 lbs. this week. Making up for last week. 155 lbs-- 14 lbs. total.  At this point with Graydon I had already gained 20 lbs. And at this same point in my pregnancy last time, I had gained 0 lbs. last week and 3 lbs. at week 22, just like this pregnancy...interesting! (To me anyways, lol.)
How big is baby? At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.  - Baby Center
Maternity clothes?  Yes, but  mostly regular shirts still.
Sleep: Awesome! I haven't had to get up to use the bathroom in a couple weeks.  I seem to wake up and be on my back a lot, but I'm able to fall right back asleep. Using a wedge and pillow between my knees to stay comfortable and it works well. (Just checked back again on my 22 wk blog post with Graydon, and I wrote the same thing about how I kept waking up on my back. Once again, so weird and interesting!)
Best moment this week:  It's been a lot of fun talking with friends/family/coworkers about us having a girl! Friday afternoon my good friend Lauren came over and I haven't seen her in a while so that was nice. That evening to took Graydon to the mall. I got a Pandora bead for my bracelet, for baby girl. I love it! We also got a couple of Holiday shirts from Kohl's for Graydon. Saturday I did this walk with my friend Kerri from work.  It was nasty out and raining hard but we bundled up with our umbrellas and hot Starbucks PSLs and had some good girl time while we walked. I got a lot of stuff done around our house that day too. Sunday was pretty relaxed!
Movement: Yep. She is kicking me like crazy.
Food cravings: Chocolate, orange juice, cereal, hearty foods, coffee.
Food aversions:  Some meats and vegetables.
Gender: Precious baby girl!
Labor Signs: Nada
Symptoms:  Being tired on and off and sore breasts.
Belly Button in or out? Still in.
Wedding rings on or off?  Still on and for a long time hopefully. :)
Stretchmarks? The ones around my belly button are starting to become more noticeable. 
How are you feeling? Pretty good! Tired sometimes, especially by bedtime, but I have a great amount of energy now which I LOVE. Gotta love 2nd tri. :)
 What I am looking forward to: Spending time with Lyn, baking and getting laundry done on Friday, hanging out with my in laws on Saturday and going out to eat, and the U of M vs. MSU game.
What I miss:  Having normal energy and working out.
Weekly Wisdom:
Also hope, don't expect.  And don't try to find happiness in other people.
Milestones:  Nothing really this week. Except this is the first week that I looked at the size update and thought wow, the baby is getting pretty big!! A whole pound....the size of a spaghetti squash...so awesome!
Pregnancy Moments with Chris and others:  Chris mentioned something about how he realized that he is so affectionate towards Graydon and how can imagine being even more affectionate with our baby girl (if possible?!) I was like awww!  She will be a Daddy's girl. :)


No comments: