Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My First Half Marathon

 
Two weeks after Graydon's first birthday I ran my first Half Marathon. I trained for it for months. I have been a runner since 2007, but up to this point had only run in 5K races.  It was by far one of the hardest physical things I have ever done. I really wanted to prove to myself that I could do it though! I kept telling myself, "I had an all natural child birth, I can do this!"  My official chip time ended up being 2:03 and some seconds. I was soooo proud of myself. I really just wanted to run this race in under 2 hours and 15 minutes, and I could not believe how my mind and body just took over. The adrenaline totally just kicked in! The weather that day ended up being perfect too. It was raining at the beginning of the race but stopped about give minutes before the start.  Chris took the first couple of pictures and then my friend Dave, who takes professional pictures at races, got some awesome ones of me during the run!  When I crossed that finish line, I was so emotional, I just started crying. It signified so many things to me, that I worked so hard and accomplished this. I ended up injuring my foot in the last mile or so, so part of the tears were also probably from my body screaming at me, haha! But yeah..it was such an awesome feeling. I also need to state that I am super thankful for Chris and a couple of my close friends, Keri and Dave. They were all pertinent in supporting me and helping me achieve this goal, and I am so thankful for all of them!













4 comments:

Care said...

dude thats an amazing time!!! way to go mama. Are you addicted now?? It's so time consuming to train, but I already want to do another one!

Anne said...

Thanks Care! I would not necessarily say that I am "addicted" lol! Like you said, it is VERY time consuming to train. I only run a couple times a week right now, if I am lucky. I find it easier to work out every day after Graydon goes to bed (I'm a BeachBody Coach) and it works better with our schedule since Chris is gone a lot. I wanted to do another Half again this Fall but I am not sure right now! :) I do have a couple 5 and 10Ks coming up though!

Megan J said...

Congrats Anne! You are inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

~Rachel~ said...

Awesome! Way to go Anne! I am just starting to get back into running post pregnancy. I had to stop half way through my second trimester. I closed my fb account for awhile, I just needed a break. But I am back. Here is the link- http://www.facebook.com/rachel.wisniewski.56
Feel free to add me! :-)